Regular lymph work is one of the most important things you can do for overall health, well-being and beauty.
The lymphatic system is responsible for the proper functioning of processes in the body. Above all, we are talking about purifying the body and eliminating toxins for the good functioning of the immune system.
The lymphatic system is longer than the cardiovascular system, and more lymph fluid flows through it than blood in the bloodstream. But unlike the cardiovascular system, lymphatic does not have a pump like the heart. The walls of lymphatic vessels do not have muscles like arteries do. Lymph fluid moves under low pressure and very slowly. The movement of the liquid is primarily the result of the movement of skeletal muscles, but it is also helped by the blood vessels with their rhythmic contraction and expansion. Therefore, we, in order to keep our lymphatic system happy, have to take care of 3 things:
- Openness of the lymph centres
- Relaxation of tense facial, neck and cranial muscles
- Good lymph circulation/ drainage
Tasks performed by the lymphatic system
- Functioning of the immune system and thus protecting the body;
- Body cleansing: elimination of toxins and waste substances;
- Filtration of lymph fluid in the lymph nodes;
- Carrying useful substances into the blood;
- Feeding cells with oxygen and sugar.
How to know that our lymphatic circulation is overloaded?
When the lymph does not work properly, it starts to show very quickly on our body and face. That is why it is very important to learn to read the signs. If we do not understand the signs and do not take care of the proper activation of the lymph, the overload of the lymph can lead to health problems in the long term.
Visible changes when your lymph is not working ok:
- Facial swelling
- Puffiness under the eyes and water retention
- Impure skin
- Double Chin
- Feeling bloated
- Itchy skin
Furthermore, congestion can manifest itself as:
- Swelling of joints and fingers
- Lack of energy
- Depressed state
- Weak immune system
- And consequently also autoimmune diseases
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR LYMPHATIC SYSTEM?
With daily LYMPH ACTIVATION and Lymphatic drainage
- Daily massage of the lymph centres (activation of the lymph on the head, neck and body)
- Weekly face & body Massage (mainly neck, cranial muscles and masticatory muscles)
- Daily Face Workout – doing face exercises helps release tension in the muscles and “unblock” the lymph + helps the lymph flow
- Daily Body Movement (walking, yoga, pilates)
How to start working on your lymph daily?
Choose two from the list.
We recommend you Face Exercises (by following our online Beginners program)
And daily movement
If you’re experiencing lymph stagnation problems we recommend you to indulge deeper into the topic and invite you to join our Glowin Members Club where you will learn the most potent lymphatic activation and drainage techniques, exercises and massages as well as discover more about the Traditional Chinese Medicine point of view on problems with the lymphatic system and how to address those WHOLE-istically.